Friday, September 9, 2011

Bye, Bye, Bird!

A broken bird that came and impressed
could still sing but couldn't yet fly high.
How attached I'd become couldn't be guessed
this bird could charm you without telling a lie.

The bird was hurt, but It was stubborn and strong
and I needed the company and a bit of attention
so It happened to come to me singing Its song
I welcomed It without prejudice or prevention.

Ah! The bird sang so often and so well!
the joy those songs brought; hell! just to have It around!
at times it seemed It forgot that It fell,
It seemed just happy to have been found.

The day finally came when I had to let It go.
My heart broke when I saw how willingly It went.
I guess that bird wasn't ready for a hold
didn't appreciate what Its presence truly meant.

               So long, yellow bird, go on, fly on free!
               But if you're hurt again,
               Don't dare to come back to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment